Welcome students & visitors! Hello World Civ is the class website for an intro-level World Civilizations course. All class materials – including announcements, readings, slides, and activities – for the Spring 2019 semester can be found on this site.
End of Semester Links
Course Evaluations: https://sunyub.smartevals.com/
Project Individual Feedback 2: https://forms.gle/JiWd1SE7YkMFNmZC8
Project Shortcuts for Students
UPDATED: Project Guidelines
- To be reviewed during Class 18
Consultation Schedule & Selected Topics
- Please see email & attached document from Prof. Heather on 25 Feb.
- Check out the AVON database in UB Libraries (60,000 audio/visual files – including loads of useful documentaries)
- The Great Courses
- Lecture series from experts and academics, including an extensive collection of world history series.
- Contact Prof. Bennett for more info about free trial options/codes.
- Fordham’s Internet History Sourcebook collection is a good place to start
- The sourcebooks are divided geographically and then into time period & theme
- Just make sure you’re within the time period recommended for your topic (do pay attention to dates)
- Archive.org is fully open source and often has translations of primary source texts.
- The translations tend to be a bit old.
- Check the dates and try to find the most recent.
For work completed by students in previous semesters, please see the blog posts on helloworldciv.squarespace.com.