Due for Class
Watch for Class
Agenda for Class
Slides will be added before the start of class.
Q & A: Questions from last class? Add your comments below!
Discussion: On the Customs of the Persians
- Have each member of the group write a quote related to the group’s theme.
- This should be done individually, without consultation with the group.
- Each member should write their quote on a sheet of paper.
- When everyone is ready, ask each group member to share their quote and why they chose it.
- You may want to ask someone to jot down notes for the group.
- Ask follow-up questions if you don’t understand something a peer said.
- This is a good time to ask Prof. Heather clarifying questions too. :)
- Summarize why you think these posts are important. What do they reveal about the theme you’re focused on?
- Write the group’s insights on Post-It Notes too (one idea per note)
- Add the group’s notes to the section of the wall marked with your theme.
- Be sure to divide the quotes from the insights.
- If someone has already added something similar to your note, place your note near theirs.
- Once you’ve added your notes, return to your seats for a sec...
- When every group has added their ideas, we’ll do a “gallery walk” so you have a chance to view everyone’s contributions.
- Please do take this bit seriously and do your best to focus on what other groups have written.
- Jot down or remember questions that occur to you as you read the ideas.
- We’ll do a final Q&A to debrief.
Content: Hellenistic World
Thumbnail Image: Terracotta statuette of a standing woman (Metropolitan Museum of Art)